Thursday, April 17

Julia Diane Blockburger was born this morning at 5:22am. She weighs 7lbs 11oz and is 19.5 inches long. She is doing pretty darn well. Shortly after she was born, she was having some difficulty breathing, so they hooked her up to some oxygen and took her over to the NICU to keep an eye on her. I went with her, which is why we went so long w/o any updates. She's still down in the NICU, but she's been unhooked from everything and should be up to be with us soon. The breathing thing was a concern, but never anything super serious.

Oh, and she's got red hair! I'll put up some pictures soon. And more details about the labor, too.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

So where does Diane come from?

Clark said...

Diane is my mothers name.

Randi said...

Welcome to the world of a red haired child! You are now going to get attention everywhere you go! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

I am so happy for you!!

I like the name you chose.

Aunt Jeanette

Alex said...

Welcome Julia!!!! So glad mom and baby are doing well, even after the scare! I LOVE that she has Shannon's hair!!! Much love and hugs, can't wait to see the pics!!!

PrincessKatie said...

Congratulations to both of you. Thanks for keeping us updated. Good luck with everythign and we will look forawrd to seeing pics!

Lisa said...

I'm filled with awe! My first grandchild! It's true that most people simply can't resist a red-haired baby. Just keep the hats and sunscreen handy. And I love her name! See you in a few hours!
Grammie Lisa

Karen said...

Congrats you guys!! Very excited for you, and glad it went fairly well!