Thursday, March 8

Basketball Final

Well, our basketball team won it's last game of the season. We finish with a 4-3 record and two overtime losses. I think it's the best 4-3 basketball team I've ever been on. I also realized after the game last night that it's the first basketball team I've been on in 8 years. That really surprises me, that in the last 8 years I've never found myself on a basketball team. Anyway, the game was closer than it should have been for most of it, but we finally pulled away in the 4th quarter. Of note, Jade got a dunk on a fast break last night. As he got the ball, Phil was on the bench next to me yelling out "Dunk it! Dunk it!" and I was next to him yelling, "Don't dunk it! Don't dunk it!" Thankfully neither ref seemed to know what I know: dunking is illegal in church ball. The dunk was in the 3rd quarter while we were still hanging on to a lead of 3 or 4 points, and I didn't want to give away an easy 2 and give the other team a technical free throw.

But, another 14 points for me, and I went 4/4 from the charity stripe. 10 more months until next season . . .

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

You should play with Elliott some time! I think it's funny that you were without a team for 8 years, and that Elliott plays for about 3 ward teams every year. He's like a church ball free agent/ringer.

Clark said...

First, I'll point out that it's against the rules to play for multiple ward teams, as you are not allowed to play for a team whose ward boundaries you don't live in. Otherwise "ward" basketball turns into "recruit somebody good" basketball. But if you can play the non-member card, you can get away with just about anything. (I'll admit we had someone play on our team who isn't in the ward, but he wasn't very good, so we weren't doing it to help us win.)

Let Elliott know that I'm not afraid of him, and will be glad to play anytime.

Anonymous said...

This blog contains an example of your misuse of the word it's/its. Do you need me to drop off a pile of gravel in your driveway so you will feel right at home re: dumber thAn a pile of rocks????