Friday, March 2

Don't worry folks, your weekly basketball updates will be over soon enough.

Our young men played again last week, against the only undefeated team in the stake. We did improve over our worst outing, by only letting them put up 21 points before we scored. I called zero fouls in the first half. They didn't need to foul to stop us, and we couldn't stop them even if we did, so I didn't see the point. In the second quarter, the other team made a rule that they would pass the ball 5 times before taking a shot. At least it kept the scoring down. But we came up with a way to make the second half more interesting. The score was reset and one player was inserted into our wards line up. He's 6 feet tall, has a beard and is just a touch too old to normally be allowed to play. (It's me, in case you couldn't tell.) I only scored 4 points, but I collected about 50 rebounds, mostly on the offensive end. It made it so our team would get 5 shots each time down the floor, and the other team would only get 1. We won the second half 21-18.

1 comment:

Shanny said...

When telling me this story last night, I had no idea the guy with the beard was Clark until the story was over and he told me flat out it was him. Maybe it was the fever, I don't know, but I just didn't get it.