Tuesday, March 6

I'm Famous

Shannon already mentioned it, and our readership is nearly 100% identical (on-to, but probably not 1-to-1) but I'll say it here, too. I had a letter to the editor published in the Deseret News today. There was an article in Sunday's paper about minorities applying to medical school. Someone from the U made the statement that minorities have an advantage because of their deeper background. I objected to the statement, on the grounds that it's wrong to assume that as a non-minority, I somehow don't have a deep background. Anyway, I guess by now you don't have to read it to know what it says, but if you want to, you can.

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,660200823,00.html

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

I was so excited to see it when doing my daily reading of the opinion page. Way to go and I agree :)

Adam Lowe said...

You were only appalled?

Are you sure you weren't also shocked?

Suzanne said...

I think all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I'm certainly not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am.