Monday, March 26

High Point

This weekend we went north to see Adie's blessing, run the Rex Lee Run, and see my family. But, as always, our trip had one high point. You can experience it, too. The high point of any one's trip from St. George to SLC/Provo is on I-15 between mile marker 124 and 125. It's 6,600 feet.
  • My Rex Lee Run time this year was 24:21. My slowest yet! I knew I wouldn't be too fast, as I don't even walk to school anymore. My slow time is at least partly the result of the race being longer this year. "But it's a 5K!" you say. You're right, but it was longer this year than it was last year. It will remain to be seen if this year was a 5.1K, or last year was a 4.9K. So that accounts for 30 seconds or so. The other 2 or 3 minutes extra are just my fault. The shirts were pink and brown. They'll be hearing from me about this.
  • The baby blessing went well. No one soiled any fancy white dresses, and Adie was very well behaved all through church. Lots of people were there, a few more than their apartment could hold for the after-blessing party.
  • It was nice to see Brian & Emilie, Matt & Becky, (Brett & Sabrina, of course), the many Phippenses, my family, Brett's family and Sabrina's family. Now we'll just have to wait and see if anything happens with the 400 offers to stay at our house that we extended.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

It was fabulous to have you up again. We'll most definitely take you up on your invite down, but I think you already knew that.

Adam Lowe said...

It's age, I tell you. I used to run an 18 minute 5K in high school. Now I run it in the mid 20s.

And that's only assuming very generous proportions for "mid."