Wednesday, March 28

Idolotry

I didn't vote for anyone last night, but if I had, I would have voted for Sanjaya. Now, I would have had to vote for about 5 other people more times, to counter act my single vote for Sanjaya a bit, but at the very least, I can say this: I want Sanjaya back next week.

The last two weeks have proven that Sanjaya isn't doomed to boring, soft, unmotivated performances. He's finally proven he can be memorable. In a weird, creepy, bizarre way. He's reached new levels of weird, and I want to see how far it will go. In short, he's turned into the AI side show.
  • Chris R still sings with a pinched voice. That's not going to change, and I don't like it.
  • Hailey. Sucks. The number of people I know personally that could have pulled off the exact same performance last night probably fills up both my hands. I'm not just counting people I've met, but actual friends of mine.
  • Everyone seems to like Blake, but he just doesn't quite do it for me. I realize that's a very Randy-ish statement, so I'll just explain it like this: For me, there's just no "Yo".
  • Chris Sligh just can't quite find the beat. It's chronic. Too white I guess.

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

I'd have to agree with your assessment for the most part, but I still want Sanjaya booted. He does provide some entertainment value though.

Shanny said...

Ah, but does Hailey live up to her name? Is she hot?

Nathan said...

I hate you. Sanjaya is stealing the show and must leave. And leave now. I was tired of him from the moment he sang that horribly repetetive song with his weird gangster look and I think he's a girl. The day Jordin gets voted off before him is the day I quit watching.

Shanny said...

It's good to know that Nate (or Amanda, whatever) has no strong opinions about American Idol. ;)