Friday, March 2

Nerd Dump

For some reason, I've just got a ton of things to say today. (And since I never get around to posting on the weekends . . .)

I never knew they were so nerdy, but apparently Conan O'Brien and Jim Carrey like to get together to discuss quantum physics. Because I know you're concerned about it, they do seem to be discussing good physics, though I question the phrasing used by Mr. Carrey in one part. He says that the phase of the electron can "either have the two values separated by π". I don't think you even have to be a physicist to wonder about that one.

Also, I got a most excellent email from Ben full of things that people have put on math/physics tests when they're frustrated, or have simply given up. Two selections are placed below for your viewing pleasure.

2 comments:

tysqui said...

I like that elephant on the test. I think I'll be able to use that on a test of my own sometime...

Melissa said...

Hey, Adam posted the elephant one a while ago. And why didn't I ever help them find x that way? It would have saved me a lot of trouble in the physics and geometry worlds.