Tuesday, December 5

Double Heel

I know Shannon already thinks I'm a huge weirdo for thinking this way, and now all the rest of you can weigh in on this point also. (I know you all think I'm a huge weirdo in general, but that's not the point. This is a question of this specific weirdo nature of this one item.) I pulled out my sandwich today (which Shannon lovingly made for me) and my first thought was, "Alright! A double heel sandwich!" Shannon despises heels, and I like 'em! Of course, the second heel turned out to be a fraud, because there was actually a very thin, mini-heel stuck to it, so I got a half-heel sandwich and a little heel to snack on. What a day!

6 comments:

Alex said...

What's a heel? Are you talking about the outside edge pieces of the bread? Hmmm... I call them the butts.In spanish the're called "la suegra" which means mother-in-law... b/c nobody wants one, heehee...

Melissa said...

Yeah, they were always the heel when we were growing up. Then my roommate started calling them the "bread butts" which struck me as very funny. I still call it the heel, but I think bread butt, and laugh.

Sabrina said...

Mmmmm....I like the heels too! I've never heard them called butts, but I like that too, very funny. Ok, actually, I like la suegra the best that's really, really funny.

Suzanne said...

I don't know why people don't like the heels. The crust is the tastiest part of the bread; why wouldn't you want a piece that is all-over crust?

Shanny said...

I don't think the crust is the tastiest part of bread. I eat all the way around the crust first to get it out of the way, saving the soft delicious part for last. Just another reason Clark and I were MFEO (Made For Each Other).

Sabrina said...

It's cute! It's like a little clue!