Saturday, December 30

Nerd Books

I'm a terrible nerd. That fact was really brought to my attention when I looked at the books I got for Christmas. 6 books in all (a rather large haul for me) which I will list below for you.
  • Zero: The Biography of a Dangerous Idea
  • The Nothing That Is: A Natural History of Zero
  • Galileo's Pendulum: From the Rhythm of Time to the Making of Matter
  • "Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!" Adventures of a Curious Character
  • The Calculus Wars: Newton, Leibniz, and the Greatest Mathematical Clash of All Time
  • e: The Story of a Number

That's about the biggest collection of nerd books possible I think. I've already read the Galileo book. The first 2/3 about the history of time keeping was excellent. The last 1/3 about physics and harmonic oscillators was a bit iffy.

5 comments:

Alex said...

are... you... serious?!?! You DO realize you are done with school, right? ;)

Clark said...

Yeah, they never assign books like that in school!

Suzanne said...

Obviously, Alex, you have not met the rest of Clark's family. Or ever eaten at the Blockburger dinner table.

Anonymous said...

But Clark is undeniably the biggest of the Blockburger nerds.

Alex said...

Nope, I've not had the pleasure... :(