Thursday, December 14

Profiles

I don't have a profile filled out on this this, and I went through the effort to remove the profile link on the blog that appears by default. No one who reads this thing needs a profile for me anyway. But the other night, Shannon accidentally clicked on her own name in a comment field and it took her to her profile. 50 views! I just checked mine. 5 views! And one of those was me just checking. We don't have anyway of checking traffic, so we don't know how many people are looking at our blogs, but if we assume traffic to be equal, apparently the public is 12 times more interested in knowing about Shannon than they are about me. Or she's getting 4 times the traffic and they're 3 times more interested in knowing more. Or she's getting 12 times the traffic and the populous is equally uninterested in both of us. Or they're 4 times as interested in me, but she gets 50 times the traffic. I just can't find a way where this comes out good for me.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

My profile is hidden like yours, but I have 19 views. I think maybe a lot of those are me, since every time I change something I have to check it to make sure it works. And also sometimes I get to my blog through clicking on my name there.

Click my name and try it! Clicky clicky!