Friday, December 22

West Texas A&M

Speaking of West Texas A&M, I looked it up to see where it is. (Canyon, TX) Then I looked up Canyon, TX to see where that is. (12 miles south of Amarillo. Luckily I know where that is.) Their website is the best college site I've seen since North Carolina A&T. Their first two points which they make sure to point out when you read about their school are:

1) "[T]he northernmost senior institution of higher learning in Texas." They get this point out in the very first sentence. Good, because I'd hate to go to school and find out that I was only in the second or third northernmost senior institution of higher learning in Texas.

2) "[T]he only bachelor's and master's degree-granting state university within a 100-mile radius." This is their big point of the second sentence. Just to make sure you know that not only are they far north, but they are the only school anywhere near Amarillo. Apparently the further away you are from any other school, the better. I think they're putting in a satellite campus in White Horse, Canada.

(My apologies to White Horse.)

No comments: