Thursday, January 25

Basketball Clark

Despite my great apprehension earlier in the day, the first basketball game of the year went off exceedingly well. It's a bit tough organizing a basketball team, a referee, score keeper and time keeper when you don't really know anyone. Honestly, just about every single person in the ward that I know by name (and a few whose names I still can't quite learn) was there last night. Lucky for me the EQP was there, but unable to play, so he helped with the scoreboard. I reffed the first half, and then the Bishop (who had played the first half) traded jobs with me. It was my first experience reffing a game, and I guess it wasn't too terrible. Luckily, the game was very clean, and few fouls were needed. I came into the game in the second half, scored on the first two possessions and ended up with I think 12 points on 6 of 9 shooting. I did blow one layup, however. My defense was probably a bit poor, as I never really felt like I got into the game defensively. I picked up one beautiful block, where I went up and swatted the ball cleanly, and got possession. However, my own Bishop called me for a foul on what has got to be one of the two worst calls of the game. The other team admitted that it was a clean block. But, since the other worst call of the game was a no-call by me when I was ref, I guess the basketball gods were just repaying me. Ok, that's probably more about basketball than you really wanted to know. Oh, we won. Final score was 60-48 I think.

No comments: