Thursday, January 25

Spektor, Regina Spektor

While flipping through the channels the other day, VH1 was playing a music video. (Shocking, I know.) And it turned out to be a quirky little song by a girl named Regina Spektor. Not exactly what I think of for a pop star. (She might be a foreigner.) The music video has a "black and white world that goes color near the end" sort of theme. The song then stuck in my head for the rest of the day, particularly her way of singing the chorus. (Listen to it, you'll know what I'm talking about.) The oddest part of this, however, is that as the song was stuck in my head, I didn't mind. I can't say why, but I LIKE the song. I keep listening to it on YouTube. I can't figure out why I like it, but I do. And I've decided that I'm not going to be ashamed of that any more. So here is a link for the music video on YouTube, as well as a live version done in NY which I think I actually like better.

5 comments:

Shanny said...

She is foreign, she's Russian born. I read her bio on wikipedia, how ridiculous is that? I really like the song too. I'm strangely addicted.

Clark said...

My suspicion that she was foreign was based on comments on YouTube which I've seen below the clips. Of course, comments on YouTube are about the worst possible source of information in the whole world. You should trust chain letters that threaten to ruin your life unless you send 47 people a list of facts like that Chuck-a-rama and Jean-Luke Picard both have the same numbers of 'u's.

Melissa said...

Adam brought Regina home to us a few months ago. And we listen to that song a lot. Michael really likes it too. She has one that goes "On the radio-o-o" that we really like too! (The second O goes up and then the third O comes back down, like a little pop, fun.)

tysqui said...

Ada always perks up when that song is playing. She loves the chorus - especially when Alison is singing it...

Adam Lowe said...

The live version seems rushed to me.

I've noticed that with a lot of live acts as of late.