Friday, January 26

Enigma

Shannon and I got a new bookcase when last we were in SLC. Shannon grandparents decided that they needed neither a pair of bookcases nor a collection of National Geographics from the last 30 years. They offered us both, and we agreed to take the bookcases, but not 800 lbs of magazines. Anyway, we just took one, because we were bringing it back to San Jorge in our car. (And it was an adventure getting it in and out.) So we had to once again rearrange all of our books. The cookbooks left a cupboard in the kitchen (where we have very limited space) to go on the bookcase down stairs, while the reference books went from down stairs to the study. We had to pick something to move from the big bookcase in the study to the new one in our bedroom and at least for now have moved Harry Potter and all my Nerd Books. (And my Einstein doll)

Fast forward about 3 or 4 days, and suddenly, at about midnight as we're in bed reading and slowly drifting off to sleep, I wake up and start checking bookcases everywhere. Because 3 days after the fact my brain has realized that in all the moving of books, I never saw Fermat's Enigma. It's missing. Where is it? It's an enigma. (But maybe I loaned it to Suzanne?)

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I did borrow it once, but I gave it back. Too mathy.

Suzanne said...

Rumor has it that dad knows where it is . . . updates as I find them.