Sunday, January 7

St. Ives

Today's post is brought to you by lotion. Swiss Formula St. Ives Vitamin E with Vitamin A Advanced Therapy Lotion, no less. This bottle, which has been in our bathroom for years now proudly states on the front: "Nutrient-rich skin therapy clinically proven to help restore soft, smooth, healthy skin." Any my though, every time I have read this (which must number in the hundreds*) is: why on earth does soft, smooth, healthy skin need to be restored? Shouldn't it say "Nutrient-rick skin therapy clinically proven to help restore rough, hard, nasty-looking skin"?

* A few weeks ago, I mentioned to Shannon that over half of women admit to throwing a shoe at their significant other. When she asked why in the world I knew that, I said, "It's on your shampoo." For whatever reason, I have always read things in the bathroom. When showering, my eyes automatically find things to read. Anything. So trivia questions on shampoo bottles are now ingrained in my brain. Shannon on the other hand, has never seen any of this stuff for two reasons. First, she spends about half the time in there that I generally do, and second, she is effectively blind when she showers.

1 comment:

erin said...

I'm reading this (a year later) and now I can't stop laughing.